The WILD Program is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful leadership program for women in STEM.
We welcome and encourage applications from leaders in STEM with diverse lived experiences including those living with disability and neurodiversity, those living in rural and regional locations, those of culturally diverse backgrounds and of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage.
The WILD Program accepts applications from women leaders that are:
- Currently employed in a professional position relating to science and life sciences, technology, engineering or mathematics (if your primary position is in academia or research you are ineligible); and
- Have a minimum three years of non-academic professional experience in a STEM-related field; and
- Have postgraduate qualifications (or equivalent experience) in either science or life sciences, technology, engineering or mathematics
If accepted into the Program, you will be required to:
- Be based in Australia for the duration of the Program
- Commit to attend all aspects of the Program, recognising successful completion of the program requires significant time commitment. Additional program expenses may include interstate travel and accomodation expenses to attend the key program activities
- Commit to finding a suitable board for the board observership (more information provided to successful applicants)
- Demonstrate your employer is supportive of your participation in the Program (where applicable)
- Consent to your photograph and short bio being used for promotional purposes
Selection Process & Guidelines
Candidates will be required to submit their application as well as a two-page CV, a short video and a completed employer endorsement form via an online application process.
The selection panel will assess applications based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of previous leadership, achievements and contributions within the applicant’s field of expertise (subject to opportunity)
- Explanation of how the WILD Program will help the applicant overcome barriers to achieving applicant’s future career goals and progression
- Demonstration that the applicant has attained a leadership and/or board position or is on the cusp of doing so
- Demonstration that the applicant has significant skills, knowledge and insights to contribute to Australia’s STEM sector in a key leadership or decision-making role
- Potential contributions by the applicant to the WILD cohort in 2023 and beyond
Judging will be focused on potential impact rather than seniority or scale of experience.
Candidate assessment is based on the quality of the application and the dynamic of the cohort as a whole. All decisions on eligibility and shortlisting are final, and at the discretion of the WILD Program Advisory Committee.
Applications are submitted through our online applications portal. All applicants must complete the application form online including selection questions and signed applicant acknowledgement section.
As part of the application, applicants will be asked to provide the following three items:
- A two-page CV in Microsoft Word format
- A 60-90sec YouTube video telling us who you are and why we should select you for the WILD Program. More info about creating and uploading a YouTube video can be found here
- Signed employer endorsement form (Download here)
Application Portal for 2023 WILD Program opens on 13 July 2022 and closes on 14 August 2022 11.59pm.